Current Job Openings
Industry Partnerships Specialist
- Close Date
- June 15th, 2018
ABOUT SKILLPOINT ALLIANCE:
Skillpoint Alliance is a non-profit workforce education agency that provides training in high-demand occupations and industries. Skillpoint Alliance is at the intersection of industry, education, and the community. We provide pathways to career success for Central Texans while meeting employers’ needs for a qualified workforce. Our vision is that every citizen has access to a successful career pathway.
The Industry Partnerships Specialist is a highly visible role, responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with local employers resulting in employment pipelines for program students. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: conducting industry outreach throughout the City of Austin, Travis County, and surrounding counties; cultivating members for industry advisory committees; facilitating industry advisory committee meetings; coordinating employer involvement in programs; sharing program updates and successes with employers; and routinely educating Skillpoint Alliance staff on industry trends, hiring practices, and curriculum needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively cultivate interest in Skillpoint’s programs and organizational vision with local employers
- Facilitate industry involvement in programs through industry speakers, site visits, and other strategies
- Build and maintain an organizational database of employer contacts
- Research market and occupational trends affecting employment and serve as an employment resource to program students
- Assist with employment placement of students who complete training
- Maintain continuous contact with employers who hire Skillpoint graduates
- Assist with industry-specific professional development workshops for clients, with topics including:
- Job search skills
- On-the-job success
- Problem-solving skills
- Facilitate all industry advisory committee meetings
- Provide relevant, timely, and insightful advice on program curriculum based on employer input
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Qualified applicants will possess:
- High school diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- An outgoing personality eager to help industry meet their staffing needs and help our students obtain jobs
- A can-do, positive attitude and a proactive work ethic, willing to help all team members
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and databases
- 1-2 years in a customer and/or client-facing role; experience interacting with company owners and HR representatives strongly preferred
- An understanding of the healthcare and/or construction industries strongly preferred
- Current relationships to employers in the healthcare and/or construction industries strongly preferred
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and work histories is preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with team members, program students, and internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to maintain detailed records, complete necessary paperwork, and meet deadlines
- Must be able to proactively manage a high volume of work requiring minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation, and e-communications
- Willingness to learn new skills and work on tasks outside of job description as needed
- Frequent, local travel is required of this position; reliable transportation is required
Hiring range is $41,000 - $43,000 annually, based on experience.
To apply, upload a resume and cover letter through the applicable job link.