Current Job Openings
HVAC Instructor - Waco
ABOUT SKILLPOINT ALLIANCE:
Skillpoint Alliance is a 501(c)3 social enterprise that builds partnerships among industry, education and the community, leading to college and career success for Central Texans, while meeting employers’ needs for a qualified workforce. We offer adults access to greater opportunities through industry-led job skills training, and provide STEM education programs to youth. Our vision is that every person in our community has access to education and training needed for success.
This position is primarily responsible for instructing participants in HVAC and Construction industry hard skills and reinforcing soft skills introduced by the program staff by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Hard Skills Instruction
- Preparing lesson plans based on NCCER curriculum.
- Teaching courses as assigned, instructing and evaluating to determine client performance, developing skills, and providing feedback to encourage client growth
- Demonstrating knowledge of field standards and practices for performing a job task in the HVAC field; including Commercial and Industrial HVAC and refrigeration systems, chillers, boilers, package units, pneumatics, controls & refrigeration.
- Supervising and monitoring students’ use of tools and equipment.
- Following education regulations set forth by Skillpoint Alliance’s Gateway Team and Waco Program Staff.
- Developing projects and activities based around classroom topic or module.
- Ensuring that each trainee accomplishes and comprehends the necessary information to be employable upon graduation.
- Accepting recommendations for improving curriculum delivery and commitment to change instruction approach to enhance the program and end results.
- Demonstrating personal interaction and role modeling for clients.
- Communicating equipment, supply, and scheduling needs to Director and Coordinator.
- Organizing, setting up and maintaining equipment and/or supplies during class.
- Clearly communicating with participants, Skillpoint staff, and employers.
- Managing negative classroom behavior and encourages positive behavior.
- Communicating needs for support to Director and Coordinator.
- Accurately managing NCCER documentation completion & submittal of database documentation.
- Proctoring both written and performance tests.
- Filing and organizing information for classes.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate experience in administrative role and in project management.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office & Google Drive
- Highly self-motivated worker requiring minimal supervision
- Ability to be flexible, persistent, and confident.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and deadlines under the direction of multiple people.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
NCCER, RSES, HVAC Excellence, or comparable national certification. Valid driver license and acceptable motor vehicle record, OSHA certification.
- Class days TBD
- Hours: TBD with Instructor Schedule/Availability
- Pay: Hourly at $20 - $30 depending on experience
- Commitment to preparing the next generation of entry level employees.
- Physical ability to work outdoors and on various projects throughout the community.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Qualified applicants will possess:
- 3-5 years background in vocational or other classroom instruction.
- Experience working with diverse populations and/or at-risk youth.
- Expertise in the construction and HVAC industry.
- Waco Program Director
- Program staff
- Organizational Partners